Friday, May 1, 2009

3 Awesome Things (May)

Birthday: (n) 1. The day on which somebody is born 2. The day in each year that is the anniversary of the day somebody was born (1)

My birthday was last Saturday, May 2nd. Isn't that exciting? I'm finally 17!  No driver's licence though... You wanna know what isn't so awesome? SATs. On your birthday. Yeah, I took those scary subject tests on my birthday. I did my best, though.  That night I did go to Strobe VI, which was UBER fun, but I need to make a separate post for that. 

Anyhoo, below are some pictures of my joint birthday with my best friend Maria last year, when we both turned 16.

(From left to right: My brother Alejandro, Maria, me)

(the tall one behind me is my sister Nicole)

(me and my dog Poncho after a night of partying)


Star: (n) 1. A gaseous mass in space that generates energy by thermonuclear reactions, e.g. the Sun. Stars range in size from that of a planet to one larger than the Earth's orbit 2. A shape representing or based on that of a star as seen in the night sky, usually having five or more triangular points radiating from a center (1)

Have you ever looked up at the stars and wondered why they looked so darn small?  And then when you learn about light travel and all, don't you ever think it's weird that when we look at the sun we're looking at what the sun looked like 8 minutes ago?  Now picture this, you're looking at a start that's 800, 000 light years away.  That means you're looking at what it looked like 800, 000 years ago and it'll take 800, 000 years for humans to figure out if it died or not.  Crazy, huh?  But stars are pretty, so that's why they're awesome.  YUSH!

(2)

Joy: (n) 1. Feelings of great happiness or pleasure, especially of an elevated or spiritual kind 2. A pleasurable aspect of something or source of happiness (1)

Joy is a lovely thing for obvious reasons.  No explanation necessary.  This video brought me joy..

(3)

(3) found on Youtube.com

2 comments: