Monday, May 25, 2009

Prom o(^o^)o

Mkay, so last night was the San Domenico prom.  I started out my Sunday by waking up and downloading some new songs.  I got a song called "Dinosaurs go Rawr" by Amy Can Flyy.... It made me really happy.

Between 3:30 and 4:30 people began arriving at my house.  Ariel, Jordan (a girl, btw) and Maria came over for snacks and getting ready before prom.  We played Curses, this UBER fun game that everyone should play at least once in their life.  So for the game, you basically go around giving people "Curse Cards" which are cards that have ridiculous stuff written on them that the one who is given the said card has to do throughout the game.  Some examples: "Every time you hear an animal noise, say the name of a lunch meat" or "You are a gorilla.  Every time you speak scratch your underarms."  After a while everyone accumulates like 5 of these cards so everyone ends up looking quite silly.  It's VERY fun, trust me (^o^)v

So then we got ready.  We all got dolled up in our pretty makeup (or rather, Maria's pretty makeup... everyone else forgot theirs and I think mine is hiding in the back of my friend Callie's car...) and then we put on makeup and jewelry and we managed to get ready in an hour, which is pretty good considering it was prom.  My grandma came over and did my hair (^^)  She teased my short curly hair a bit to make it wild and exotic (sort of) but then I had to tame it because I had this HUGE poofy thing at the top of my head and it was odd...  So yeah.

Then Jonathan, my prom date and the brother of the aforementioned friend named Callie, came over for pictures and we all hammed it up for my stepmom Lori's fancy new digital camera.  A few pictures will be posted below.  EVERYONE LOOKED AMAZING, EVEN CALLIE WHO WASN'T EVEN GOING TO PROM!!  (she's a freshman in college but she's out for summer and came to drop Jonathan off with his mom)

So we got to prom about half an hour early since Maria and Jordan thought they had to set up the decorations, but everything was alreayd set up when we got there so we all kinda sat around chit-chatting for a while...  It was kinda funny :P  Then people came and we spent a ridiculously long time eating dinner, but we had fun messing with Maria and Jordan by hiding their chairs under the table... I know, we have such good manners.  OH, btw prom was at the Casa Madrona Hotel in Sausolito.  So then later we trekked to the room where the dance was going to be, and trust me it was a minor hike.  We got lost on the way trying to find the frickin room where the dinner was, but the hotel is pretty so it's all okay.  So yeah, the dance.  That was fun (^^) Only thing that made me sad was that I asked le DJ person to play "Hips Don't Lie" so I could show off a bit (TEEHEE!) but she played it at the end.  When we were supposed to leave.  And all the lights were on.  And the last song she played in the darkness was that annoying Prince/Princess/Love story song by Taylor Swift.  FML.

But yeah, it was fun (=^.^=)v

(the corsage Jonathan gave me <3 )

(me, Jordan, Ariel, and Maria)

(model pose!)

(isn't Maria gorgeous?)

(my friend Callie, isn't she perty?)

(me and Jonathan)


o(^o^)o

(YAY)

No comments:

Post a Comment