Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 Awesome Things (April)

Spring: (n) 1. The season of the year between winter and summer during which many plants bring forth leaves and flowers. It runs from March to May in the northern hemisphere, and from September to November in the southern hemisphere 2. A time of new growth and regeneration (1)

Spring is a happy time of year, mainly because my birthday is in spring, but also because everything is green and there are colorful flowers in the hills and people wear white and only weirdies wear black and it's all so colorful and happy! Some people get allergies, and that's not fun, but that's what allergy medicine is for!! WOOHOO!! Okay, here's some Vivaldi for you:



(2)

Sunshower: (n) An unusual meteorological phenomenon in which rain falls while the sun is shining. These conditions often lead to the appearance of a rainbow, if the sun is at a low enough angle. The nature of cumuluform clouds is such that the sun can often be seen while they are producing rain. If a sunshower occurs when the sun is low in the sky (specifically, any time the sun is at less than a 42° angle), a rainbow can occur. (3)

Sunshowers are often associated with weddings between different types of animals, from elves to foxes and bears. For some reason, in America sunshowers mean that the devil is beating his wife... (3) Pleasant thought, isn't it?

I also heard somewhere that if you walk out into a sunshower and you look at your reflection in a mirror, you can see your future. I haven't gotten around to trying that yet, but when I do I'll keep you posted.



(3)

Pencil: (n) A thin cylindrical instrument used for drawing or writing. It consists of a rod of graphite or some other erasable marking material inside a wooden or metal shaft. (1)

Pencils are amazing because they come in all different colors and you can do a lot with them (artistically speaking). I use them for drawing and writing, which is what they are mostly used for. I like mechanical pencils the best; you don't have to sharpen them, they aren't all icky and scratchy like regular pencils, and they come in all sorts of pretty colors!! Regular pencils are cool too...



(4)



(1) Definitions found at the MSN Encarta Dictionary
(2) Found on YouTube.com
(3) Found on Wikipedia
(4) Found on this website

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Thats some cool stuff. And I <3 Vivaldi's Seasons. His "Spring" was one of the first songs I learned how to play on my flute. It's amazing stuff.
    And that Sunshow man. Brings me back to my trips to Hawaii... *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you (^^)
    every year the orchestra at my school has a concert devoted to Vivaldi and this year they played the Four Seasons

    me likey very much o(^o^)o

    ReplyDelete